The competition looks like it will close in 2015 when it comes to the track that will serve as summer’s definitive soundtrack..
Miguel is back with another romance anthem, except this one has a bit more rock. You have your rapper whose song-of-the-summer come-up is assisted by a Drake feature. There’s Nicki Minaj, who’s pissing off hip-hop fans while satisfying others with her hip-hop approach. There’s even Snoop Dogg going through another reinvention (although not as drastic and criticized as Snoop Lion). This isn’t to say the songs are recycled; it’s just the same artists and similar situations. There’s plenty of freshness to go around on this list. We may even have a new summer barbecue standard and another dance from the streets of Brooklyn, N.Y. There’s parity and star power in the 10 Songs Guaranteed to Rule Summer 2015. Give a listen to them all below:
10. “Yoga” Janelle Monae Feat. Jidenna
9. "Lean On" Major Lazer & DJ Snake Feat. MØ
8. "California Roll" Snoop Dogg Feat. Pharrell Williams & Stevie Wonder
7. "Milly Rock” 2 Milly
6. "Cha Cha” D.R.A.M.
5. "Coffee (F***ing)" Miguel Feat. Wale
4. "Good Times" Jamie xx Feat. Young Thug & Popcaan
3. "Bitch Better Have My Money” Rihanna
2. "The Night Is Still Young" Nicki Minaj
1. "My Way" Fetty Wap Feat. Drake